Monday, January 26, 2009

Mirror mirror on the Wall


Patrick Childers.
Looks like he is getting ready to go for a spin in his truck.
Well, well apparently Patrick doesn't think he looks like a grandpa. He thinks maybe he needs some half reading glasses to look the 'part'. Maybe he does need glasses. Or a new mirror? This is the most current picture I have of him, taken some time ago.
I also suppose he thought that when I was a 43 year old grandmother that I didn't look like a grandmother!! I don't have a picture from that era or I would post it.
Let's get into more serious things. Now tell me, does the picture below look like a Great Grandmother? That picture is the most recent I have, from Saturday night. I know the hair is a bit gray but that is the lighting in the club house. Every one's hair looks gray. It is just crazy, at the some of the parties it is hard to tell from across the room who is who, as everyone is short with gray hair.



Patrick, look like it or not, you'll be a wonderful grandpa just as you have been a great dad to your children.
We are only as old as we feel.

3 comments:

Hannan Family said...

hmmm, wonder if I can find a picture....might be tonights project.

Anonymous said...

I think as long as Pat keeps some Lum in his Locket, he will do just fine as a grandpa. When I realized he had once been a baby and that I once probably changed his pants, then I felt older than rocks. Of course I would have been only six or seven at the time, but just the same....yikes. congrats Great Grandma!

Patrick said...

I just figured out how to comment. It is a great picture. I think my mom, at 60+ and being a GREAT-grandma has finally found her calling in life...to be an on-line comedian:)