The not so good news today is John's skin cancer is a Basal Cell cancer and he has to have another surgery to remove it all. This time a Doctor of Dermatology has been recommend. The good news is this type of skin cancer is better than Squamous cell he had last year. He will have to keep on top of this all the time to get these cancers removed as soon as they are visible. This is on top of his right shoulder and will interfere with horseshoes, shuffleboard and wii-ing.
The other good news is we are in Tucson, not in Iowa, this winter. Yesterday afternoon we had the doors and windows open and I turned the heat down, way down, so it wouldn't come on when it cooled down. I forgot to turn it back up a bit and the floors were mighty cold on bare feet this morning. It gets quite chilly at night. Most plants in the park are frost bit.
The other, other good news is the cool nights make the grapefruit and oranges sweet. Some one left some oranges on our door step yesterday. Very good. Towards the end of the season it gets to be like 'zucchini in MN', they sneak up at night or when one is gone and leave the fruit on the door step.
Yesterday I took K out to do some errands. She had the boys and they were so good in the stores. I remembered while we were at the bank that it was Jan 2, Tyler's 10th birthday. He is a tall young man, maybe takes after the Sweet's?
I reread this and it looks like the good news out weighs the not so good news. Another great day in store for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment