Monday, October 6, 2008

We're Baaack!

Good to be home again. After 1,580 miles and appx 23.5 hours in the car. We ignored gas prices and averaged 21 MPG. We made fewer miles this year as we probably made less wrong turns and used tried and true short cuts. We only got really turned around (lost) once and not for long.
Been unpacking and haven't seen many people yet so no new gossip. Our internet/phone wasn't working until about an hour ago. Qwest 'forgot' to reconnect the phone at the box.
Today I am 65 years old. I don't know how a young person like me is in this old woman's body? What comes to mind on my 65th birthday is-- I quit smoking so many, many years ago and I promised myself I could start again when I was 65. It didn't seem like I was quiting forever, I could smoke again one day. I (at that time) thought I would be so old and near death at 65 it wouldn't matter if I killed myself with a cigarette. My first problem with it is smokes have increased in price a big lot and I am allergic to smoke. It probably would kill me, quick! Now I guess old is some where past 90.
We are going to Teri and Erv's tonight for supper. They are Packer fans but we over look that flaw.
I am anxious to go for a long walk tomorrow, no hills all flat land.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You aren't old! You are my young beautiful Aunt! Imagine being my moms age! (kidding mom). Don't you dare start smoking again, we want you around for a long long time! And I'd venture to say your grandsons would have something to say about that! Happy Birthday! Love you! Your (ahem) 50 year old niece. Yup, I have my AARP card!