I've been working this week to get ready to go to the desert and I think I am finally to the point there isn't much to do until we get back from Mpls on Friday. I have our Christmas suitcase packed and sitting by the door. I have all the other 'stuff' we have to take to Mpls packed and sitting by the door. The AZ stuff is sitting around the corner in the dining area. Whew! It is John's job to figure out how to get it in the car.
The last 2 mornings it has been darn chilly when we walked at 9 am. Gloves would have been good. Our next walk will be next week on flat ground. No more little hills around the lake, no more cold north wind blowing off the lake until next May.
Our friends have invited us to dinner tonight. They leave for Texas after we do and get back before we do and usually have us over the day we get back. A good deal for us.
Some of the snowbirds have landed in Tucson. We are getting bits and pieces of the gossip via email from the 'trailer park'. We are anxious to get back and see our fellow snow birders.
No comments:
Post a Comment