Us snowbirds landed tonight in Truth or Consequences, NM. It is very close to Elephant Butte which has a large lake. It would be interesting to drive over there but we can't put ourselves back in that car again today!!! There are a few other snowbirds in the same flight path. I am sure I need not explain how we know they are snowbirds. But maybe, I should, They have a car very full with a few house plants in the back window. Of course, gray hair and the women in motor homes or vans have the back of their hair flat from the captain chair seats. The others all drive full sized comfortable Gas Hogs. All have their cars licensed in MN, IA or WI.
Today was another good uneventful day. We have driven 1,280 miles in 19 hours. The car has gone over the 170,000 miles mark.
We have appx 300 miles left and one more short cut. We have taken these short cuts before so no surprises.
We only drove through about 1/2 hour of rain today but it threatened all day. Tomorrow we'll be in sunny Arizona.
No comments:
Post a Comment