Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day One (1)

Nothing exciting today, so that is a good day on the road. Left Tucson at 8 and got to Raton, NM at 5:30 or maybe 6:30. Who knows what time it is? Really the telephone always knows but I didn't look at it. The gps was good all day until we needed gas and couldn't spot a gas station. Clever us, we ask Ms. GPS---but we saw a station before we got to one we were being directed to. I don't know how to tell her that. I figured she would catch on when we got back on the freeway. Noooo. She nagged for a good 5 minutes for us to go back to the gas staion we requested her to find. For a bit we were thinking we'd have to turn around and go back to 'her' darn gas station to get her to shut up. Then, thank goodness, she finally shut up.
It was hot when we left Tucson and 60 degrees in Raton at what ever time we got here.
Tomorrow we aim for Lincoln, NE. And I think we lose another hour some where in CO.
Happy Mothers days to all the Moms.

No comments: