On our extended journey through the Iowa country side yesterday the detour directed us through Ocheyedan. My first thought was, and I had to think fast (small, small town), I haven't missed much by never going to Ocheyedan. And there it was a Red Owl store. The big Red Owl on the sign. I haven't seen a Red Owl Store in just forever. I thought Red Owls were extinct.
Ocheyedan is 6 or 7 miles west of us as the crow flies, but it was a lot further yesterday.
PS The person driving did not follow the detour signs after Ocheyedan. That just may have been part of the problem?
2 comments:
Ahh, the "short-cuts". Brings back memories of driving, and driving, and driving and "MOM! She's TOUCHING ME!, She's crossing over her line in the seat! Hey, is Pat STILL sleeping?".
Wait and driving and driving and driving. Are we there YET?!?! I never crossed the line, she lies...
Post a Comment