Saturday, September 26, 2009

Breakfast encounter

This morning we had coffee and donuts at the clubhouse. A lady I've never seen before sat across the table from us. I couldn't catch her eye to speak to her, so walked around the table to introduce myself. Good Neighbor Sheryl.
Me - I'm Sheryl Childers
Stranger- My name is Carolyn
Me - Carolyn what?
Stranger - Just Carolyn
Me -Where do you live?
Stranger - Over there (pointing)
Mel - What number?
Stranger - Just over there (pointing)
Me - Are you new? When did you move in?
Stranger - I've lived here 10 years
Me - You should come to activities more often that once every 10 years ;-)
Stranger - I DIDN'T SAY THAT!
Me - That was a joke
Stranger - This is why I don't go to activities, I don't want to be grilled about myself.
We decided after she left she must be in the witness protection program. Jackie knew her last name is Taylor. We all are going to look her up in the phone book and see which space she lives on. Then we'll all remember for the rest of her miserable life. If she had told us the Lot number, we would have forgot it before we walked out the door. Now we'll all remember it forever.

No comments: