Thursday, June 24, 2010

Okoboji Stuff

Last week end, this is the early morning computer crew checking the weather or what ever. Glad I was 2nd shift. Next time Aiden gets an assignment as he has his own laptop now because of a new one purchased and passing the old ones down. He was the only one with out so he now feels like one of the big guys!


On this mornings walk, we saw the turkeys. They usually don't fan their tails but a dog was barking and maybe they wanted to look big and mean.
Another turkey story. I was in Spencer on Monday. A very hot humid day. As I was waiting at the stop light, a turkey truck went by. Some of the turkeys looked very hot, others looked dead. At least 2 were on their backs with their feet in the air. OR maybe practicing for Thanksgiving??


More animal stories. We had guests for dinner last night. I was a beautiful evening and we ate outside, snacks and dinner. This morning I went out to hang up clothes and here are all these little muddy tracks on the new rugs. Looks like raccoon to me. I guess when we usually eat outside we have a couple of grand dogs to keep the crumbs licked up.
Another story. This morning when we left for The Walk a squirrel had knocked a robin nest out of the tree by the driveway. It was cracking the eggs and eating the baby birds inside. YUCK!
I've got a new computer. I call it The Red Thing. It is so pretty but a bit of a struggle for me to learn a few new things. Maybe good for the ole brain. Brock and Alison spent a lot of time last week end helping me with it. Alison worked on pictures for a long time. Ok, today I need to download turkeys and raccoon tracks and low and behold---Do I remember? No. I've got some pictures of tracks lost somewhere in The Red Thing. I am making a list of questions to ask next week end--a few of the answers I have figured out. TG.
I bought some Shape Up shoes. I like them because they have an 'S' on the front and one side. I haven't wore them for The Walk as I haven't had a chance to get used to them. Today I will wear them for 3 hours. I all most fell on my head bending over, defrosting the little under the counter frig. I threw my weight back and just rocked right back. What a trick!!!
That's All Folks.

No comments: