Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo


I don't know what this cactus is called but what a bloom! I took the picture with shadows because the blooms last such a short time. This morning they might be gone.



This is a barrel cactus in our neighbors yard. Usually don't see these bloom as they are a bit later. We have a barrel next to our front steps and it has never bloomed when we are here. maybe it never has??

The same barrel cactus. Today it will probably have more blooms. I always take the picture one day to early, but am afraid I will miss it.
We are feeling like we are stuck between the rock and a hard place or 100 degree weather and snow. Yesterday it was snowing in the White Mountains. Some of our park residents summer up there---but they have put off leaving. The Star Tribune says 'possible' snow in metro area. Tucson is edging up towards 100 degrees next week. Oh, what to do?? When we migrated to Tucson the 3rd week in September we did see a wee bit of snow on our trip.
Cinco de Mayo means we will go out for Mexican food tomorrow.

No comments: