Monday, June 29, 2009

Walking the Walk and


Saturday on our usual morning bit of leg stretching we shared the road with hundreds, maybe thousands , of bikers. It was the annual bike ride around the lakes. There is a 25, 50 or 100 miles route with a picnic after wards. A lot of people must ride it for practice for the bike ride across Iowa. I think that runs a week. The bike riders were a friendly group. One had a speaker tied on his bikes back fender. I didn't see his music maker but must have been small. I said to John, that guy has the music, I wonder who is bringing along the frig. Next a guy pulling a cooler on wheels.
On Sunday jaunt, all was quiet. We did see a tree down from the Saturday night storm that blew through. That is scary when we live in 'the forest' as Gavin calls this house. We did see a deer standing right by the road. I did take a picture but she wouldn't smile and also wouldn't move!
Yesterday we worked in the yard, mowed and weeded. Had to get rid of all the little maple trees, from the helicopters, and the little cotton trees, from all the cotton fairies. The cotton fairies are very close to done. TG!!!! The yard looks good for a few days. John vacuumed the porch and put out the 4th of July decorations.
Today Alison, Brock and Aiden are coming to stay through the week end. Looking forward to a fun week. I haven't had the guy here to spray for spiders so there will be lots of bugs to entertain Aiden. He loves the bugs and creepy crawlers.
The bug guy hasn't been here because it was to cold and rainy all spring, to many cotton fairies and now is just right but maybe we can live with out it? Summer is half over next Monday. The house does kind of look like the "Adams Family" house with spider webs all over. I swept a lot of them down yesterday.

No comments: