Friday, November 7, 2008

This 'n' That

It has been over a week since the shinny ribbon went up on the back of the house and no woodpecker pecking. Maybe he is gone elsewhere?
It is chilly here. John cleaned the furnace filter yesterday and we cranked up the furnace to take the morning chill off. It is running again this morning. I wore long pants and a sweater to bingo last night. We won't winterize the cooler for another week of so---just in case. Last year we ran the cooler until Thanksgiving.
I got my hair cut yesterday. It seems for ever I've been growing out the short, short hair. We'll see today if I can make it look like they did yesterday or if it is back to the short, short hair. My hair isn't the same hair I've had all my life. I've got someone else's gray, fine, fly away hair. And when it gets a certain length, it curls. Not nice curls but just kind of sticks out all over curls. I probably need a hat or two.
John has got a summers worth of dust washed off the outside of the house and will do windows today.
I was set to be glad the election was over but it doesn't seem to be over for the news media.

1 comment:

kathy sweet said...

I don't believe a word of it.